Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Skull Shawl Finale!

The Skull Shawl Finale!

 

This has been a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoyed reading it too. Ok so looking at the page views I'm the only one reading but maybe you're reading back now, in which case thanks. I've now got a lovely finished shawl I am all excited to wear to a pirates event in a few weeks. I've already started a new one and am working on a few other things. Maybe I'll update you on them. Slowly. Over time.

I only have one last bit of advice if you are going to try the project, weave your ends as you go! Unless you have a lot more patience than me. I was all excited and ready to get it washed and strung up and then I noticed a bunch of ends not done. Very frustrating. Also apparently warn the roommate you have used the shower rod. He will move the shawl but he won't put the shower curtain back up and the bathroom will be soaking wet because he is a lazy jackass. Ahem I mean it's probably my fault. Pointless anecdotes aside here is the finished project! 

First the finished but not yet washed has some weird puckered bits at the top I was a bit worried about, the flattened out fine


Hanging in our shower I spaced them out a bit more later. Definitely has to be hung dried to open up the skulls nicely.

And the finished product! Those new puckers up top settle down with a bit of tugging otherwise we have nice open skulls on a nice clean shawl yay!

The nice finished skull Huzzah! not perfect but I certainly like it.


Thanks for reading folks!!

5 comments:

  1. thank you! I just adore the pattern, can't wait to finish the next one

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I have this pattern and would love to make a throw out of it. Do you think it's possible to make each skull as a separate square and join or just continue beyond the shawl and make a corner to corner throw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely an option, here's the pattern for the skulls on their own http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skull-shawl---stand-alone-square-by-glamour4you or made into a square http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-skull-square

    Or I played around with that idea, just do 10 ch instead of 8 in the corners and pull them back to the space between the last two sets of 3 dc on the previous row every row

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you so much! I can't wait to get started on this. I'd love to share pictures of my final product with you. :)

    ReplyDelete